Most homeowners prefer to have their homes carpeted to cut down on the cleaning process. However, recent studies have shown that carpets retain more dirt and grime than any other floor surface. This is because many people do not vacuum daily, letting the dirt and grime accumulate, making it a hotspot for germs and bacteria to prosper and thrive. According to the experts at homeimprovementmonkey.com, homeowners need to stick to a strict cleaning schedule if they have carpets to ensure that their homes are hygienic and dirt free always. This review will show you different methods of cleaning your carpet to make sure there is no dirt buildup over time.
Vacuuming alone is not sufficient to clean carpets. Since the foot traffic tends to push down the dirt deeper into the carpet, it is necessary to retrieve this as well to get completely clean carpets. There are several products in the market which will help to deep clean your carpet. Experts in the cleaning industry recommend deep cleaning your carpets at least once a month to make sure that no dirt moves to the bottom of the carpet. Make sure that you purchase the right type of product based on the type of carpet you have. Some carpet cleansers are dry, enabling you to clean your carpets without wetting them. All you will need to do is apply the cleanser over the carpet and let it sit for a few minutes. You can then use your vacuum cleaner to vacuum over the carpet and remove the cleanser and dirt all at the same time.
When you are vacuuming your carpets daily, the following tips will help keep your home and carpets clean:
· Make sure the vacuum cleaner is working perfectly.
· Make sure that the motor inside the vacuum cleaner is well maintained. You will also need to check the belts, cords, brushes and wheels for any wear and tear.
· Always empty out the vacuum bag before letting it become over filled. Experts in the cleaning industry recommend emptying out the vacuum bag as soon as it becomes half full.
· You will need to replace the HEPA filters at least every six months to make sure that the vacuum cleaner is removing the dirt from your carpets properly.
· If you have pets, you will need to re-vacuum certain areas to make sure that the pet hair is all gone.
· Treat a stain as you notice it make sure that it does not become permanent. Experts in the cleaning industry advise cleaning stain immediately, as this gives you a better chance of removing it completely from the carpet.
· It is a good idea to move your furniture once a week to vacuum the areas underneath it. Otherwise, the dust bunnies will build up in these unseen corners and cause allergies for you and your loved ones.
· If you have a HEPA vacuum cleaner, it is a good idea to leave it on for a few minutes after your vacuuming is done to help eliminate any allergens that might be remaining in the room.