Concrete has been known to humankind for a long time now. The use of concrete has undergone a lot of evolution. Today there are even decorative stained concrete floors that will make the floor look like there is nothing as simple as concrete down below. According to www.houseandgarden.co.uk/gallery/summer-house-decoration-ideas even with concrete surfaces the amount of customization available today is splendid. Even concrete can give homeowners some amazing residential floor design options. There are so many benefits of concrete that a homeowner should be glad of having a concrete flooring in their house that has customization on top of it.
With the latest customization options, we are sure nobody would be able even to guess that underneath the beautiful top surface there is the concrete foundation. Apart from a strong foundation to the beautiful tropical design, there are plenty of other benefits of concrete that you should know about. Once you are aware of all the benefits, there is hardly anything that can turn you away from setting up a concrete floor in the house. The facts are:
· Concrete floors will not give you any specific temperature problems. Like, many people worry that it will be too cold, it is completely untrue. Since the concrete surface will be covered by a ceramic,marble or stone, the temperature below your feet will be extremely comfortable without being too hot or too cold. In fact, in winter time you might get the advantage of a slightly warm floor as concrete absorbs some amount of heat from the sun.
· There will be hardly any echo on a concrete floor. No matter what falls on the surface, there Is not going to be any irritating noise in the house. It decreases the sound produced in the house to a significant level like a damper.
· The surface will be non-slip preventing any accident even if the surface is a little wet. However, the surface must be finished by a professional to ensure all this safety is there on the surface.
· Durable: What can break a concrete floor until someone deliberately tries to hammer down the surface. The durability of the finish material on the concrete floor can be ensured by reapplying the coat in every two years or so. Other than that, everything is durable too as long as a person shall live in the house.
· Low maintenance: The surface is simple to clean and maintain. There will be no moss growth like it would be on a wooden flooring due to dampness. A concrete floor prevents any dampness and moss growth that damages the surface very badly.
· Cost: You will be surprised to know the cost of installing a concrete floor in a residential living area. It is much less costly than marble or ceramic tile flooring alone. Also, the project can be completed fast decreasing the labor cost for you.
· It is healthier as no chemical rich surface is there in the house. Even if there are small children, they will not get contaminated with any life-risking chemical.